I am very much the type of person that buys crap ton of stuff when my mood isn’t so great…..enter FabFitFun add-on sale. I think the combination of wanting new skincare products and feeling kind of crappy led me to my INSANE purchase that I will be sharing today.
I actually think the add-ons and the edit sales are my favorite thing about FabFitFub. I do love their boxes a ton but the access to these sales makes it even more worth my while. As an annual subscriber, I also get early access to the products which is super handy because a lot of them sell out……but actually, if you didn’t know, you can just favorite and item that you want that may have sold out and then check your ‘favorites’ section because more often than not, the item restocks. Sometimes I spend a lot of time refreshing my favorites page if I REALLY want a particular item.
In this case, I bought all of the mystery bundles that FFF had to offer because this was the first time I had seen them offer curated bundles. Normally, it’s just a bundle and you have LITERALLY no idea what is coming in them. This time, they offered 4: Fashionista, Beauty Guru, Fitness Fanatic, Jet Setter. I also got a normal one just for comparison.
Let’s dive in! Check out my unboxing video if you’d like some extra first impression commentary.
Let me first show you some of the items that I got that were not the mystery bundles. These were items I just had to have….because YOLO.
Freaking stunning oversized aviators by Quay. I love the color of these and I think they are the perfect addition to my summer!
The best body scrub and bath bombs I have ever used! Seriously, if I could have purchased more I absolutely would have BUT you can only buy 3 of any item.
Mystery Bundle for the Jet Setter
- Snuggie Travel Blanket/Pillow:
- I absolutely love that this is included in this bundle. I am traveling soon and I often wish I had a pillow BUT I am too cheap to buy one itself. Now I have a double whammy pillow/blanket combo.
- JetSet & Go Travel Pouch:
- This is such a cute summery print. Since my little man will be accompanying me, I will certainly have a bunch of crap to tote around and this will be a great way to organize.
- Ahava Body Lotion (3):
- My skin definitely gets super dry and I love that there is a set of 3 in this bundle. This makes transporting my lotion simple and I think this might even be a good size to carry on the plane!
I think overall this is a great little travel bundle. Everything seems ‘in style/current’ and I think it fits in the curation really well. I will get use out of each product.
Mystery Bundle for the Beauty Guru
- Mother Dirt Cleanser for Face and Body:
- I am started to get overwhelmed with washes! I normally wouldn’t reach for something that can be used on my face AND body so I will probably just use this for my body – my face tends to be pretty sensitive. I am definitely excited this is included but it might be a bit before I use it!
- Ahava Mineral Mud Mask:
- This is such a weird mud mask. When you put it on, it has an iridescent green color to it which is out of the norm for a mud mask. It was nice enough on my skin but I didn’t notice any real difference that it is supposed to accomplish, specifically brightness or hydration. It didn’t dry out my skin but I didn’t really notice it did anything to my face.
- Marrakesh Argan Oil:
- Again, this is something that I have somehow began piling up. I have seen this used as hair oils but since my hair is easily weighed down, I definitely wont be using this for that. It says it can be used for body/face so that might be a nice addition for some boosted hydration..although I don’t usually use oils on either!
Overall, I think this is a good box for a beauty guru. I hope that each product will be good for my sensitive skin but in general, if you want to try out some skincare products, this might be a decent bundle. I wish it included makeup BUT skincare is important too.
Mystery Bundle for the Fitness Fanatic
- Skinvolve Body Cream:
- I guess this is ‘fitness’ because it has the word karate in it. It boasts caffeine for extra energy and toning. It is always nice to have some extra skin hydration after a nice shower after you’ve had a good workout.
- Athleisure Clothes Wash:
- This states that it handles odors in clothes. Again, I guess this is good after a nice ol sweaty workout.
- Easy Soothing Facial Mist:
- Ugh. This is just frustrating. A skin mist is not what I think of when I think of fitness. It sounds nice but I don’t know how this will boost my fitness game.
I’ll be real. I think this bundle sucks. I have gotten a random mystery bundle that was more geared towards FITNESS than this – it included resistance bands, roll on muscle oil for sore muscles, and a tote I think. This has nothing that screams fitness to me. What do y’all think?
Mystery Bundle for the Fashionista
- Summer & Rose Earrings:
- These are cute gold dangle earrings which I think I can pair with almost anything in my wardrobe….the only thing I don’t like about them is that they have some weird color discoloration on the flat circular coin part of the earring. I’m not sure what metal they are actually made of BUT they are cute regardless.
- I am annoyed this is included. One thing I wish FFF did is stayed current with the seasons. Like I have so many freaking scarves and this is so thick that I definitely can’t use it until fall or winter. It’s good but it’s nothing special.
- These are freaking hideous on my face. I hate the shape…but they seem like nice enough quality. I just won’t wear them. Ever.
I hate this bundle and I don’t think it is very fashion forward. I don’t really have anything good to say about it unfortunately.
LET’S END THIS ON A POSITIVE NOTE!
These are the items that I also purchased outside of the mystery bundles. I am absolutely in love with the tanning products – they have such a natural looking tan coloration and the foam formula is great when I applied it with the mit that came with each. I highly recommend. The Kate Somerville cleanser is amazing of course! And I have never had anything from Beauty Blender before so this will be great to use!
Here is a pic of the final lineup. You might notice that there is an unwrapped mystery bundle…..because it was a repeat of my last mystery bundle haul. I feel like it was a fun experience to see the curated bundles but honestly, I don’t think they were anything special. I much prefer the things I purchased aside from that.
I think the add-on sales and edit sales are definitely worth having the FabFitFun subscription in general. The discounts are always amazing and there are amazing brands on there every freaking time. It always gets me in trouble.
Did you guys get anything? Are you interested in a FabFitFun subscription? I have a referral link ($10 off) AND I have 5 starter boxes which are always freaking amazing – all you do is pay for the shipping and then you can cancel if you don’t want the actual subscription (the shipping is like $5 and gives you about $75 in products I believe). Just let me know down below!
As always, thanks so so much for reading! I truly appreciate it. Til next time!